Center for Development of Community Initiative and Environment (C&E) is a Vietnamese not-for-profit and non-governmental organization established in 2008. C&E works to promote participation and improve the capacity of local community groups and organizations for better solutions to environmental issues that are related to their life, contributing to the development of civil society and a sustainable environment in Vietnam.
C&E envisages the future of Vietnam in which grassroots communities and organizations actively participate in solutions to environmental problems, sustainable use of natural resources, and maintenance of sustainable life for themselves. With the belief that no one can work out better solutions to local problems than the locals, C&E emphasizes the role of the local communities and authorities in the projects.
Target beneficiaries: local communities, community-based organizations, and civil society organizations.
Summary of C&E projects/activities
Ethnic Minorities project
“Community-Based Forest Management Capacity Building In Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam: The Right-Based Approach” in 2011 and “Community-based Forest Management Capacity Building in Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam provinces: The Right-Based Approach- 2010-2011” and “Sustainable management of natural forest” through raising awareness and building capacity to improve the rights and legal status of ethnic minority communities to the natural forest in central Vietnam (2012-2015).
- Project name: Partnership for Community Action on Climate Change
- Partnership for Community Action on Climate Change
Local Community Project
Community-Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM)/Lood and drought risk management and mitigation project (FDM)- Lao PDR- Consultancy services
- Empowering, strengthening capacity, advocacy for a community model on CBDRM
- Target group and location: 18 village in 03 target districts in Vientiane
- Group Activities of Village Facilitators/CCGs/ Villagers
- Training, Field Trips, Workshops, Documents…
YouthXchange (2010 – 2015)
- Partnered with UNEP, UNESCO, SGS, MPI
- To promote sustainable lifestyle among young people
- Lectures, workshops, field trips, etc.
Capacity Building for Youth (2019 – 2020)
“Inspire Youth through YouthXchange” and “Creative Sustainability through Non-Formal Education”
- On volunteering is part of the project “THE INSPIRATION OF YOU” that is funded by the European Union through the Erasmus + program which aimed at capacity building for young people in the ACP, Latin America, and Asia
- Sustainable food: Sust-food Training Course “Create Sustainability through Non-Formal Education” with 6 partners. The aforementioned main aim will be pursued through the exchange of good practices and transnational cooperation functional to the production of training format supporting youth operators in the regions involved in the transfer of entrepreneurial competences sustainable food business to young people.
Training of Trainers (ToT) (2015 – 2020)
- Research, advocacy workshop and ToT to promote young lecturers to integrate ecological lifestyle into school curricula, lectures and extracurricular activities
- 9 toolkits on ecological lifestyle
- Topics: responsible tourism and shopping, sustainable water consumption, zero-waste life, gardening, sustainable food consumption, climate & eco-lifestyle, permaculture, eco-space, etc.
Eco-week campaigns (2018 – 2020)
- To promote ecological lifestyle among university students
- In and outdoor training, talk shows, debate, round table, etc.